- Teacher: Beth Anne Moonstone
Birth is a sacred and natural process.
We already have the wisdom within us to give birth.
Offering Midwifery Classes and Workshops since 2000
Beth Anne Moonstone, Director, Midwife , CPM
37 Thayer Street Amherst, MA 01002
email: beth at womancraft.org
2 intensive days of midwifery knowledge and hands-on practice
Cost: $300.00 per participant and includes the options to "camp” in our yurt classroom and vegetarian meals. (does not include books, basic supplies). There is a wood stove and electricity. Nursing babies under age 1 are welcome at the workshop. Class sponsor and location: Beth Anne Moonstone, 37 Thayer St Amherst, MA 01002 firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the link below to register and pay your deposit
Join the 2018 Midwifery Studies Class
WomanCraft blends a holistic woman-centered, family-center philosophy of care with in-depth academic knowledge, technical and experiential hands-on skills, and clinical research. Our programs are designed to provide a strong foundation for aspiring midwives and apprenticing midwives. WomanCraft honors and encourages the tradition of apprenticeship within midwifery.
WomanCraft programs provide a strong academic foundation for those seeking to become traditional homebirth midwives. We believe that there are many paths to midwifery and many different types of midwives. WomanCraft honors student midwives from a wide range backgrounds and seeks to support them in their path towards midwifery. In addition to your academic training you will also need to complete an apprenticeship period with a senior midwife. WomanCraft can not provide or guarantee apprenticeships.
Our program follows the core competency document designed by the Midwives Alliance of North America (MANA) as the standard body of knowledge necessary for the entry level midwife. Students can elect to work towards the national certification of Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) through the National Registry of Midwives (NARM). Students would need to complete additional clinical hours, requirements and an apprenticeship for the PEP process. Please see the NARM Website for more information
WomanCraft Mission Statement:
- To provide a nourishing interactive learning environment for women to study holistic midwifery
- To preserve the apprenticeship model of training and the age old tradition of woman to woman, mother to mother passage of knowledge
- To allow women who cannot afford the growing cost of formal midwifery school and/or the time away from their children a route to study midwifery
The ONLINE MIDWIFERY COURSE 2018 includes:
NEW! Rolling admission. Join our 2018 class today!
$1500. Monthly payment plans are available. (Pay $125. a month for 12 months)
12 month class utilizing online lectures, review quizzes, discussion forums with other students, skills study and in-depth academics.
Online Course Outline
- Life of a Midwife, Medical Histories, Physical Exam Skills
- 1st Trimester, Embryology, Human Fertility
- 2nd & 3rd Trimester, Prenatal Care, Pregnant Moms to Visit Class
- Anatomy for Midwives, Vaginal Exams
Normal Labor and Birth
- Labwork for Midwives, Nutrition
- Newborn Exams, the Postpartum Period, Breastfeeding
- Complications & Alternative Presentation, Skills Exam
- Cultural Competency Training (online)